Saturday, February 5, 2011

Collection of Past Self Portraits

It seems as though every drawing class requires a self portrait so I have a few. I decided to share them.

 This was a logo design I did for myself before I knew much about logo design. I decided I'd still take it illustrator and make it. The illustration is supposed to be a "K" and an "A". The A completes the K.

This was just some photoshop. I like to duplicate people in the same picture so I did myself in a black vs white style in the hallway on campus. I added my very old logo I made years ago digitally so that it looks like it was painted on the wall. That figure somewhat abstractly has all the letters of my name in it.

Another photo manipulation of myself on the beach in Grenada. I like how the different variations of me interacts with the sunlight and the shade.

 This was for 2d Design. It was slightly rushed. I wanted to try my hand at the trending simplified cartoon style facial expressions and I played off the King card being the Kwame card.

This was for drawing 1. It had to be life sized which it was roughly. I started to get into solid colors with this piece. On the tip of the sword there is a little piece of literature I came up with that the piece was inspired by. It says : Knowledge is your sword, sharpen it. 
Delivery is your technique, practise it. 
Work is your strength, increase it. 
Life is your oppenent, attack it. 
Balance is the key, find it. 
This is your battle, join it.
This was a picture I photoshopped for fun. I wanted to give it a very temperature cool look with the window frost effect of the type. I also wanted it to look slightly painted like a kings mural. Nam are most of my initials excluding my first name.

This was my self portrait in Drawing 2. I was just starting to learn illustrator so I wanted it to be an illustration of myself as a digital artist. My hair is made of metallic pencils. My eyes glow red like a machine. My body is made of circuits and energy and my hands are open providing a gridded mix of a color splat of various colors. I added earphones because I listen to music when I do design or artwork. It was all done on illustrator.



These were also for Drawing 1. They were my first attempts at reduction. Besides the messy charcoal, I dont mind reduction. The complete one has the letters of my fraternity in the background and the large X is the letter for the chapter I crossed at.

-Kwame Amuleru

No comments:

Post a Comment