Friday, February 4, 2011

Redesign Series >> Illustrations ( Grd 3300)

I took Illustration last term and thus have a few illustrations I'd like to share.

Donkey Dolemite
The class was to make an animal alphabet coloring book and we were given the titles of the illustrations randomly. Mine was obviously Donkey Dolemite. Dolemite was this blaxploitation movie character so I gave my illustration that motif with two lady donkeys laying on him in a triangular composition. I used a lot of movie posters for inspiration.




Lupe Fiasco Concert Poster
We were to illustrate a concert poster using a max of 4 solid flat colors for an artist or band of our choice. I chose my favorite Rapper, Lupe Fiasco. His latest album is titled Lasers and he is a very positive uplifting rapper so I wanted to communicate that. The city was made from a texture that looks like a gradient from afar.


Goodnight Moon Cover Redesign
We were to redesign a children's book that was dear to us. I chose Goodnight Moon. The illustrations in this book are already very impressive so I decided to go an entire different direction with my illustration. We were told not to include the Title, just focus on the illustration.

Oringinal

Redesign


Halloween Card
We were to design the front of a hollween card that would simply say "Happy Halloween" inside. It was to be something that would not be generic. Something that would stick out from all the rest of the halloween cards. We were to begin and finish in one class period(under five hours). I decided to do a card that a girlfriend or wife might pick to give her boyfriend or husband for halloween. Something unexpected.


-Kwame Amuleru

No comments:

Post a Comment