Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blog Assignment 7 - Typography Essentials

One book that was actually recommended on our syllabus is Type Essentials. Its a great book for creative typography inspiration. Especially for people like me that need a little push to step outside of the box to design with letters. It really reminds me of what basic design principles work well with type and how to see letter forms as shapes or illustration. It helped me get started on conceptualizing both my logo for my wine bottle and my type calender.

This book has many large examples of the principles listed on the outside cover. I can't say one single section influenced me. By flipping through entire sections of the book, my creative juices start flowing. I might mix  size, color and letter form to create something new. 
-KA

No comments:

Post a Comment