Sunday, January 23, 2011

*Random Idea* : Animated Grid

I was looking at various websites and see that most of them are organized in various boxes of information arranged through out the screen. I wondered why? What would happen if we got rid of these boxes. Then I decided that they are probably products of grids and if we got rid of the grids then we would have chaos, the opposite of information design. So then I thought, what if organization was implied by motion rather than boxes, borders and implied lines. What if someone coded an application that allowed designers to create and work with grids that move and thus change live on screen or maybe partial movement. I would imagine the information would look chaotic at first but much like a school of fish or a flock of birds, elements of design and organization could be instilled by motion. Different directions, speeds and patterns could be used to separate one set of information from another. Something I might one day like to experiment with when I get the resources or knowledge to do so.

-Kwame Amuleru

No comments:

Post a Comment